- What time should I arrive at a SWAG speed dating venue?
We recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes to a half hour before the event starts to allow you to register with our host and settle in. If you arrive late, you may not be able to participate and your space may be ‘substituted’ 15 minutes prior to start.
- What if I can’t attend or need to cancel after registering and paying before an event?
You will need to cancel at least 5 business days in advance for a full refund. This will allow SWAG to fulfill its obligation to the waiting list.
- Are the locations of your venues safe?
While nothing is 100 percent, we choose our venues based on safety, high quality and reputation.
- How soon after a SWAG speed dating venue am I notified of a match?
You are notified of a match within 24-48 hours after an event.
- What happens if there isn’t a match?
If there isn’t a match, SWAG will credit your account for partial credit or for another speed date venue of equal amount.
- What are some of the advantages of SWAG speed dating?
Unlike any other speed dating venue, SWAG has a diverse venue for ages 35 years and older. It’s easier to meet face to face because you actually get to see who you are speaking with.
- Will SWAG have the same venues?
No, SWAG events will be held at different locations on Long Island in both Nassau and Suffolk counties in order to meet new and interesting people.
- When I try to register for an event, why is it closed?
This means the venue is full and we can no longer accept registrants for the event. When this occurs, you will be asked if you would like to be placed on the waiting list for the event.
- Can I pay for a SWAG event using a check or cash?
As of now, SWAG will only accept major credit cards and debit cards through PayPal and Eventbrite.com.
- Do you except walk-ins?
You can be considered a ‘substitute’. Normally you would need to register online, however in the event of a cancellation and you meet the requirements, you can participate. (Come dressed to impress.)
- Can I bring a friend to a SWAG speed dating event?
You may bring a friend. However, he/she may not be able to participate. If a registered participant is a ‘no show’, the ‘substitute’ may be eligible. The ‘substitute’ must adhere to the Terms of Service and pay full price with either credit, debit or cash for the event.
- What should I wear?
Dress as if you are going out on your very first date! Remember, a first impression is a lasting impression. Come wearing your favorite outfit, smelling great!
- Would 5-7 minutes of speed dating be considered enough time to know if you made a match?
5-7 minutes of speed dating allows each individual the opportunity to further the chance of a date. Obviously, it’s not enough time to get to know each other but here is where it starts!
SWAG urges everyone who participates in its venues to make adult decisions, and to treat potential matches the same as someone you meet for the first time. We hope you will make your decisions responsibly.