Data protection & Privacy
We will use your personal details to administer this site. From time to time, we may send direct marketing or promotional material information from us or selected third parties providing similar services. You can indicate you do not wish to receive such material by editing your account preferences
“Personal Information” means all information about an identifiable individual. SWAG recognizes the importance of privacy and recognizes the sensitivity of personal information received by us in the course of offering our service. We recognize our professional obligation to maintain the confidentiality of our clients’ information, and recognize our obligations concerning the personal information of all individuals that we collect, use or disclose in our practice. This policy has been developed with those obligations in mind.
SWAG may collect personal information from you in order to create your online dating profile. SWAG will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those described in this policy.
SWAG may also use third-party companies to provide various services (including but not limited to instant messaging and advertising) when you use this website. If you use those services, the internet protocol address (IP address) of the computer you are using to access the website may be disclosed to those third-party companies, and we may use attributes (including but not limited to age and gender) that you provide in your public profile to display relevant ads to you. SWAG is not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party companies or any other external websites linked to this site. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these other websites when you leave our website.
If you have any questions with respect to our policies concerning the handling of your personal information, or if you wish to request access to, or correction of, your personal information under our care and control, please contact our Privacy Officer at:firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using this website you acknowledge that
- we cannot ensure the security or privacy of information you provide through the Internet and your email messages, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such information by other parties;
- we are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the Service; and
- we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of messages sent by other users of the Service, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any communications you may receive from other users. We cannot guarantee, and assume no responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the information provided by other users of the Service.
You may not use the Service for any unlawful purpose. If you use this service unlawfully we will pass along all information to law enforcement. We may refuse to grant you an ID or nickname that impersonates someone else, is protected by trade-mark or proprietary law, or is vulgar or otherwise offensive, as determined by us in our sole discretion. We do not share any personal information with third parties, and we do not send advertising to our members.
We reserve the right to monitor all advertisements, public postings and messages to ensure that they conform to content guidelines that are monitored by us and subject to change from time to time.
We may use third-party advertising companies, such as Yahoo!, Google, and Microsoft, to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information about your interests in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We may use Your personal information for a number of different business purposes, for example to:
- create and display Your online dating profile to other users of the Website;
- show other users when You have viewed their profiles;
- compare Your profile and preferences with that of other users to provide both You and other users with potential matches;
- provide customer support to assist You with Your questions or complaints;
- conduct surveys in order to improve our services;
- advise You of changes to our services, or new services that we may implement from time to time;
- measure and improve the effectiveness of our Website or our marketing endeavours;
- detect and protect against fraud and error;
- track and analyze Your preferences to better understand Your service needs and eligibility; and
- for other purposes as described in this Policy.